Al Yamamah University’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program strives to serve the needs of students throughout the region by offering a program that provides local and global perspective, promotes critical thinking and develops effective communication skills. As part of this mission the faculty engages in applied, integrative and pedagogical scholarships.
The BBA program prepares undergraduate students for careers in business and for further education that applies global business perspectives to the historical and cultural context of the Gulf region.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able:
- To recognize the fundamental bodies of theoretical and applied knowledge of business represented in the core courses; ranging from general management, economics, mathematics, accounting, finance, quality management, information technology, etc.
- To understand the concepts of their areas of concentration e.g. accounting, finance, insurance, marketing, management information systems, quality management, real estate and family business and entrepreneurship.
- To integrate formal academic learning with their business-related experiential learning from coop program, resulting in meaningful, personalized learning that relates to their personal or professional needs demanded by the domestic Saudi, GCC and international markets;
- To understand the importance and the need for high ethical standards in the practice of business, including the responsibilities of the business professions towards people and environment.
- To design a system, component, or process to meet specified need, to design and conduct experiments and analyse and interpret that.
- To analyse and interpret business situation and its problems in terms of available information.
- To choose appropriate techniques and models applicable to a given subject matter or area of application.
- To apply conceptual understanding of knowledge, theories, models and procedures to solve a range of business situations and problems.
- To exercise independent judgement and construct reasoned arguments combined by evidence in support of conclusions.
To work effectively in groups and exercise leadership when appropriate.
- To act responsibly in personal and professional relationships with high moral and ethical standards.
To communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- To use information and communications technology, and use basic mathematical and statistical techniques
To qualify for graduation with a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, students must complete 135 credits with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better, including:
BBA Requirement: 135 Credit Hours
- 95 Credit Hours of General Courses
- 15 Credit Hours of Concentration Courses
- 9 Credit Hours of Business Elective courses
- 6 Credit Hours of free elective courses
- 6 Credit Hours of Cooperative Experience (CO-OP)
- 4 Credit Hours of Senior Project
- Management Information Systems
- Quality Management
- Real Estate
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship